Help:About Documentation License
Copyright Notice and Publication License
This copyright notice concerns the online and packaged version of: Scribus Help Manual, by Peter Linnell with the assistance of Franz Schmid, the main programmer of Scribus. Further additions by the rest of the Scribus team composed of Craig Bradney, Jean Ghali, Hermann Kraus, Riku Leino, Oleksandr Moskalenko, Craig Ringer, Christoph Schäfer, Petr Vanek, Andreas Vox).
The FreedomYug tutorial on docs.scribus.net, and "PDF Forms and PHP" page are licensed under the Free Documentation License which can be viewed by going to the first page of the FreedomYug tutorial section and clicking on the FDL link. The FDL applies ONLY to this section of the documentation.
The online help manual (excluding the aforementioned FreedomYug tutorial and "PDF Form and PHP" page) is distributed under the Open Publication License guidelines described at .
The following is the text of the license as it applies to this work:
I. REQUIREMENTS ON BOTH UNMODIFIED AND MODIFIED VERSIONS
This on-line help manual "Scribus Help Manual" may be reproduced and distributed in whole or in part, in any medium physical or electronic, provided that the terms of this license are adhered to, and that this license or an incorporation of it by reference is displayed in the reproduction.
Proper form for an incorporation by reference is as follows:
Copyright (c) 2006-2009 Peter Linnell and Franz Schmid, 2006-2009 The Scribus Team. This material may be distributed only subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v1.0 or later (the latest version is presently available at ).
The reference must be immediately followed with the elected options (see section VI).
Commercial redistribution of Open Publication-licensed material is permitted.
The copyright is owned by Peter Linnell and Franz Schmid, and the Scribus team.
III. SCOPE OF LICENSE
Mere aggregation of this work or a portion of this work with other works or programs on the same media shall not cause this license to apply to those other works. The aggregate work shall contain a notice specifying the inclusion of the Open Publication material and appropriate copyright notice.
SEVERABILITY. If any part of this license is found to be unenforceable in any jurisdiction, the remaining portions of the license remain in force.
NO WARRANTY. Open Publication works are licensed and provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or a warranty of non-infringement.
IV. REQUIREMENTS ON MODIFIED WORKS
All modified versions of documents covered by this license, including translations, anthologies, compilations and partial documents, must meet the following requirements:
1) The modified version must be labeled as such.
2) The person making the modifications must be identified and the modifications dated.
3) Acknowledgement of the original author and publisher if applicable must be retained according to normal academic citation practices.
4) The location of the original unmodified document must be identified.
5) The original author's name may not be used to assert or imply endorsement of the resulting document without the original author's (or authors') permission.
V. GOOD-PRACTICE RECOMMENDATIONS
In addition to the requirements of this license, it is requested from and strongly recommended of redistributors that:
1) If you are distributing Open Publication works on hardcopy or CD-ROM, you provide email notification to the authors of your intent to redistribute at least thirty days before your manuscript or media freeze, to give the authors time to provide updated documents. This notification should describe modifications, if any, made to the document.
2) All substantive modifications (including deletions) be either clearly marked up in the document or else described in an attachment to the document.
Finally, while it is not mandatory under this license, it is considered good form to offer a free copy of any hardcopy and CD-ROM expression of an Open Publication-licensed work to its author.
VI. ELECTED OPTIONS
1) Distribution of the work or derivative of the work in any standard (paper) book form is prohibited unless prior permission is obtained from the copyright holder. Other forms of distribution including CD-ROM, electronic, and magnetic media are permitted.
- Adobe, Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat are trademarks of Adobe Corporation in the United States, other countries or both.
- Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries or both.
- Mac, Mac OS and Macintosh are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Microsoft, Windows, Windows NT, Visual Studio and the Windows logo are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
- Motif is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States, other countries, or both.
- UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
- All other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others and are the property of their respective owners.
|This material may be distributed only subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v1.0 or later. Distribution of the work or derivative of the work in any standard (paper) book form is prohibited unless prior permission is obtained from the copyright holder. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "Text of the Open Publication License."|