Scribus on OS/2 Warp4® and eComStation
The Scribus Team is much obliged to Paul Smedley for taking pains over porting Scribus to the OS/2 and eComStation platforms.
The Scribus Team also wants to thank Serenity Systems for supporting development and testing of the OS/2 and eComStation port.
In addition to the installer, the following requirements have to be met:
- A copy of libc063.dll, which can currently be downloaded from ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/libc-0.6.3-csd3.zip, and gcc434.dll, which can be downloaded from http://download.smedley.info/gcc434.zip. Both files need to copied to C:\OS2\DLL (OS/2) or C:\ECS\DLL (eComStation).
- Ghostscript and Python 2.6 (available from http://os2ports.smedley.info) are required to support some functionality. For instance, Python scripts won’t work if Python is missing. The print preview and EPS import will not work if Ghostscript isn’t available.
- It also requires the Qt4 GA dll’s that can be downloaded as a WarpIn package from http://svn.netlabs.org/qt4
- Printing support is not complete, but PDF export is. You can easily print via Acrobat Reader or another PDF viewer as a temporary workaround.
- As for Acrobat/Adobe Reader on OS/2, please read the detailed hints in the toolbox section.
A Special Note to OS/2 and eComStation Users
General feedback can be provided to email@example.com and via the normal Scribus communications methods (IRC, mailing list etc). Bug reports should go to http://bugs.scribus.net.
If you like this software and want to support continued OS/2 ports, please consider donating via PayPal via the link at http://smedley.info/os2ports, or via the Mensys online store at http://www.mensys.net/os2ports.
You can also sponsor/support the Qt4 for OS/2 project – without the Netlabs Qt4 project, this port could not exist!