Other languages: Polski (pl) Portuguese (pt_BR)
Getting additional help
|How do I contact the Scribus Team or find interactive help?
- The complete set of the latest docs are online as well being included with Scribus. The Scribus Help browser can search on keywords, has bookmark capability and history. For the online version see: http://docs.scribus.net There are translations of the docs into French, German, Italian and Polish underway.
- There is an active and friendly mailing list details here Scribus Mailing List The archives are also searchable.
- Find the developers on IRC, see: Scribus on IRC for more details.
- All the Scribus developers e-mail details are here: Docs Index
- Please do not use this FAQ to ask individual questions, those can be addressed via the resources above.
- Scribus is supported commerically by some members of the Scribus Team. Commercial organizations and other institutions are urged to visit www.scribus.biz for more information.
Community and Participation
|How do I donate my to this project?
||Help support the Libre Graphics Meeting. This is the most important conference for the team.
|How should I submit my design template which is going to be copyleft?
- Create an account (see Your first Scribus Wiki Article for details).
- Upload your file.
- Add your template to the list and provide a link to the uploaded file in the Sample Docs and Templates Category.
|Where does the name "Scribus" come from?
||When Franz Schmid launched the project, the first working name was "Open Page", but thought to be too generic. Scribus derives from the Latin name of the official writers in Roman times, from which we get scribe or writer. This translates well into many languages besides English. The German word is schrift, for example.
|How do you pronounce Scribus?
||"Skry - bus". Long I, not short I. It is also similar to "Scribe" + "us".
|How much does Scribus cost?
||Both Scribus code and the application are free to download and use without any limitations. They are also free to distribute as long as you comply with the requirements of the GPLv2 license.
|Some people are not familiar with GPL license. So:
- Can Scribus be used legally in a company to produce internally used documents?
- Can Scribus be used legally by a company or an individual to produce documents that can be sold? (for instance, DTP documents)
|Yes to both without any reservations.
Pages in category "FAQ"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.