How to make business cards
From Scribus Wiki
Revision as of 00:58, 23 February 2006 by Hap0
|Installation • Usage • PDF issues • Imposition • Other|
First set up the dimensions with some guides to help in the process.
For 8.5 x 11 size paper:
- Create new document (8.5 x 11 inches and .5 inch margins, default unit *inches*)
- Page -> Manage guides:
- Add Horiz. Guides at 0.5, 2.5, 4.5
- Add Vert. Guides at 0.5, 4.0, 4.5, 8.0
- View -> show guides
- Page -> snap to guides
- Insert shape (rectangle) to fit in upper left area sized for a typical 2x3.5 inch business card, and resize so that it fills entire region bounded by the guide.
- Now design your card within that region.
- Group all the elements of the card together as a single unit.
- <uncheck> Page -> Snap to Guides
- Select the business card
- Item -> Multiple duplicate -> No. copies = 1, Horiz shift = 3.50, Vert. Shift = 0.00
- Select the top row and multiple duplicate vertically to fill the page.
- Item -> Multiple duplicate -> No. copies = 4, Horiz shift = 0.00, Vert. Shift = 2.00
Thanks to all the help on the mailing list for helping me get this documented.