Installation and Configuration of Ghostscript
Ghostscript is needed by Scribus for two purposes, namely the print preview (File > Print Preview) and the rasterisation of EPS files in image frames. If you don't need one of those features, you can safely ignore the warning message displayed by Scribus in case Ghostscript isn't installed.
Contrary to some reports in the press, Ghostscript is not required for PDF or EPS export, since Scribus has its own code to handle this feature.
- 1 Recommended/required Ghostscript versions
- 2 Building Ghostscript from source on Linux/UNIX
- 3 Installing Ghostscript as a binary on Linux/UNIX
- 4 Installing Ghostscript on Windows
- 5 Installing Ghostscript on Mac OS X
- 6 Installing Ghostscript on OS/2 and eComStation
- 7 Enabling Scribus to use Ghostscript
- 8 Ghostscript and fonts