Difference between revisions of "PDF, PostScript and Imposition tools"
From Scribus Wiki
(→Linux, Unix and "Darwin")
Revision as of 03:39, 19 April 2009
|Installation • Usage • PDF issues • Imposition • Other|
First: you may not know what imposition is: Wikipedia will tell you.
A list of tools which are useful for imposition.
Two type of software are listed here:
- software which can be obtained free of charge and can help you do some imposition tasks.
- imposition software (free, free of charge or payware)
example for making a booklet:
$ java.exe -cp multivalent.jar" tool.pdf.Impose -dim 2x1 -layout 2,3,4,1 -paper "297x210 mm" -verbose file.pdf
- PoDoFo Impose (free; imposition tool distributed with the PoDoFo library)
- On-line imposition with PoDoFo (web based, work in progress; by Pierre Marchand; there is still an old server)
- Adobe Reader 8 and 9 (latter is only available on windows) will do booklet printing for you. For a A4 booklet, you just needs to export an A5 document to PDF and then tell Adobe Reader to print it as a booklet.
Linux, Unix and "Darwin"
- pstops (see How to make impositions with pstops)
- pdf-shuffler (introduction by bigbrovar) Not really an imposition program, but permits easy reshuffling and adding/deleting of pages.
- PDFmergeX (donationware): not really an imposition tool... but it may have enough features for you
- CombinePDFs (donationware)