PDF, PostScript and Imposition tools
From Scribus Wiki
Revision as of 09:45, 14 February 2009 by Ale
|Installation • Usage • PDF issues • Imposition • Other|
First: you may not know what imposition is: Wikipedia will tell you.
A list of tools which are useful for imposition.
Two type of software are listed here:
- software which can be obtained free of charge and can help you do some imposition tasks.
- imposition software (free, free of charge or payware)
example for making a booklet:
$ java.exe -cp multivalent.jar" tool.pdf.Impose -dim 2x1 -layout 2,3,4,1 -paper "297x210 mm" -verbose file.pdf
- PoDoFo Impose (free; imposition tool distributed with the PoDoFo library)
- On-line imposition with PoDoFo (web based, work in progress; by Pierre Marchand; there is still an [http://www.oep-h.com/impose/ old server)
Linux, Unix and "Darwin"
- pstops (see How to make impositions with pstops)
- PDFmergeX (donationware): not really an imposition tool... but it may have enough features for you
- CombinePDFs (donationware)