Difference between revisions of "Spell checking your Scribus document"
(out of date warning)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 20:51, 23 September 2012
!!! This page is out of date. !!!
There is no spell checker in released versions of Scribus, but the development version, 1.3.5, has one (see Aspell_in_1.3.5svn) For 1.3.3 and earlier, you can use a good spell checker, licensed under the GPL: aspell .
- Download and install aspell.
- Download and install an aspell dictionary for your language.
- In terminal/console : aspell --lang=fr --encoding=utf-8 --mode=sgml --add-sgml-check=ch check fichier.sla
- --lang=fr for french, en for english, etc.
- --encoding=utf-8 (since it is the encoding in Scribus' file format)
- --mode=sgml (since a Scribus file is XML)
- --add-sgml-check=ch (Check only the value CH instead of all the values of XML)
- check action for aspell
- fichier.sla (= your Scribus file)
- I'm french with a bad english, there are surely some mistakes.
- This is a Wiki, so many eyes can improve your work. Thank you for your efforts!