Spell checking your Scribus document
From Scribus Wiki
Revision as of 05:17, 19 February 2009 by Timrichardson
|Installation • Usage • PDF issues • Imposition • Other|
There is no spell checker in released versions of Scribus, but the development version, 1.3.5, has one. For 1.3.3 and earlier, you can use a good spell checker, licensed under the GPL: aspell .
- Download and install aspell.
- Download and install an aspell dictionary for your language.
- In terminal/console : aspell --lang=fr --encoding=utf-8 --mode=sgml --add-sgml-check=ch check fichier.sla
- --lang=fr for french, en for english, etc.
- --encoding=utf-8 (since it is the encoding in Scribus' file format)
- --mode=sgml (since a Scribus file is XML)
- --add-sgml-check=ch (Check only the value CH instead of all the values of XML)
- check action for aspell
- fichier.sla (= your Scribus file)
- I'm french with a bad english, there are surely some mistakes.
- This is a Wiki, so many eyes can improve your work. Thank you for your efforts!