Scribus 1.4.5 Released
The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.4.5.
Scribus 1.4.5 is almost exclusively a bugfixing and update release, including many corrections backported from 1.5.0svn. Scribus 1.5.0, the preview of the next stable Scribus release (1.6.0), is supposed to be released for testing purposes early in 2015.
Most Important Changes
- Scribus is now being shipped with the most recent version of Barcode Writer in Pure PostScript.
- Updates to the Scripter that enable more control on PDF export. There is also a new command in Scripter, applyMasterPage(), which allows you to apply an existing Master Page.
- Updates to the Resene color palettes, including, for the first time, The Resene Total Colour System (TCS) Master Palette.
- Many translation updates and improvements.
- Usability improvements.
- Better application icons.
- New templates.
- The OS X application bundle is now code signed (version 1 code signing, due to the OS X 10.5 Leopard build), and now contains the path tools for mesh distortion again.
The complete change log is available here: http://bugs.scribus.net/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=115457
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Windows, Mac OS X and the source code are available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/1.4.5
- Fedora and CentOS RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- OpenSUSE, SLED, and SLES RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- A ZIP archive for OS/2 Warp 4 and eComStation is available under: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/1.4.5.
- A portable version for Windows is available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/portableapps/files/Scribus%20Portable/.
- A Haiku HPKG package will be available from: http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/hpkgs/scribus soon. We also expect 1.4.5 to be provided via Haikuports: https://bitbucket.org/haikuports/haikuports/pull-request/477/added-recipe-for-scribus/diff.
- Packaging for *BSD, Solaris and OpenIndiana is beyond our influence. We recommend updating the respective repository data on a regular basis.
|OS X Leopard or higher, Intel x86 (DMG)||scribus-1.4.5.dmg||92fff499d52ba14e38b910ecb3e442222f80dd5a|
|OS X Leopard or higher, Intel x86 (PKG)||scribus-1.4.5.pkg||f9b6ec54e502845385ed13d7993229995e922e3e|
|Windows 32/64 Bit||scribus-1.4.5-windows.exe||bbd723bb539681989edfe952ad36b9b647f788a4|
|Windows 64 Bit||scribus-1.4.5-windows-x64.exe||f27c7ee7f21bff1803987673a33b3b594fc91af0|
|Windows PortableApps.com Format||ScribusPortable_1.4.5.paf.exe||de1548c76ef39863c2ecba518aae97ac0cbaaa05|
|OS/2 and eComStation|
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie and Linux New Media (Germany) for sponsoring.
The Scribus Team is also honored to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany), GiveLife Color System (Spain), Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA), the Newspaper Association of America (USA) and Software Consulting Services (USA) as Special Supporters and donors of color palettes and other content since the 1.4.x release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Porting Scribus to OS/2 and eComStation is being supported by Mensys BV (The Netherlands) and Serenity Systems (USA).
For this release we also want to thank Dennis Groenewegen van der Weijden for contributing a set of modern templates.
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.