The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.4.6.
Scribus 1.4.6 is almost exclusively a bugfixing and update release, including many corrections backported from the development candidate 1.5.x, whose next iteration 1.5.1 is supposed to be released soon after 1.4.6 with some exciting new features.
Most Important Changes
- Scribus 1.4.6 finally supports SVG blend modes.
- Improvements to Scribus's PDF export.
- Improvements to hyphenation.
- Translation and documentation updates.
- As of version 1.4.6, Scribus includes four new color palettes, namely CIE LAB and CIE HLC, both of which are available in a CMYK and an sRGB version. They refer to affordable color fans that use an open and non-proprietary color model.
The complete changelog is available here: http://bugs.scribus.net/view_all_set.php?type=1&temporary=y&project_id=1&fixed_in_version=1.4.6.svn
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Windows, Mac OS X and the source code are available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/1.4.6
- Fedora and CentOS RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- OpenSUSE, SLED, and SLES RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- A ZIP archive for OS/2 Warp 4 and eComStation will be available soon after this announcement under: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/1.4.6.
- A portable version for Windows is available under: http://sourceforge.net/projects/portableapps/files/Scribus%20Portable/.
- Packaging for other Linux distributions, *BSD, Solaris and OpenIndiana is beyond our influence. We recommend updating the respective repository data on a regular basis.
|OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.x) or higher, Intel x86
|Windows 32/64 Bit
|Windows 64 Bit
|Windows PortableApps.com Format
|OS/2 and eComStation
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie and Linux New Media (Germany) for sponsoring.
The Scribus Team is also honored to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany), GiveLife Color System (Spain), Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA), the Newspaper Association of America (USA) and Software Consulting Services (USA) as Special Supporters and donors of color palettes and other content since the 1.4.x release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Porting Scribus to OS/2 and eComStation is being supported by Mensys BV (The Netherlands) and Serenity Systems (USA).
For this release we also want to express our special thanks to Holger Everding, dtp studio Oldenburg and the initiative FreieFarbe/FreeColour for making available the CIE palettes to Scribus users under a CC license.
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.