The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of version 1.5.8.
Like previous releases, work on version 1.5.8 focused mostly on bugfixes and code optimizations, the latter of which are expected to lead to reliability and speed improvements. We have also begun to prepare Scribus for using Qt6, which will make our work easier for future releases.
Most important changes
- UI Improvements for dark mode and some icon updates and window interactivity
- Improvements to file import (IDML, PDF, PNG, TIFF, SVG)
- Improvements to PDF export
- Improvements with respect to tables (undo/redo, styles)
- Improvements to the Story Editor
- Improvements to the build system
- Translation updates
- Scribus 1.5.8 now includes Python 3 and is built for mac OS Catalina or higher.
The complete changelog is available here: https://bugs.scribus.net/changelog_page.php?version_id=114. More details are available from the Scribus Commit Mailing List archive (http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus-commit/), beginning with revision 24637 in April 2021.
Please note that while some bug fixes still may be backported to the 1.4.x branch, we do not plan an official release of this version anymore. If you think you need the changes, you have to check out the SVN repository and build 1.4.9svn from source. We encourage all Linux and *BSD distributions to switch from 1.4.x to this new version, since it's not only much more versatile but also more stable.
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Windows, macOS, a Linux AppImage and the source code are available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-devel/1.5.8/
- Packaging for the various Linux distributions, as well as other platforms is beyond our influence. We recommend updating the respective repository data on a regular basis.
- Windows Portable App: http://portableapps.com/apps/office/scribus_portable#test
|OS X 10.15, Intel x64||scribus-1.5.8.dmg||d5ebc6f104bb57457c68ce651864053040af38f218bad1eef17491db7e6282ef||0fbb5f12bf167e0c7c3d74a3a76d2bbfbeff57ed|
|Windows 32/64 Bit||scribus-1.5.8-windows.exe||315466ec591436d872d74bab0485b1627b6569eb983aff4026d2227aa0fc91f0||3b103cf54d9219dc1545ba3ddca42a92e73f39cb|
|Windows 64 Bit||scribus-1.5.8-windows-x64.exe||e529e60b32c3667ddd4e008e2569740c6043084d2fbed1a88a3f88dfc90e4c30||38d584b3eb8f5f87949c6f9d995abf8d6b66c8c9|
|Linux 64 bit AppImage ||scribus-1.5.8-linux-x86_64.AppImage||5eed35af732e099035a874eb49367f7547671d8be1ffc09527c9ba78766a824a||7a2e7909d1c0ab4b6bf1084491c0a3580bca628b|
|Windows PortableApps.com Format||ScribusPortable_1.5.8.paf.exe|
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie for sponsoring.
The Scribus Team is also honored to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany), Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA), the Newspaper Association of America (USA), Software Consulting Services (USA), freieFarbe e.V. (Germany), bauwerk Kommunikationsdesign (Germany) as Special Supporters and donors of color palettes and other content since the 1.4.x release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.