Scribus 1.4.3 Released, Providing a Port to Haiku OS, New Professional Color Tools and QR Barcode Support
The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.4.3. Like the previous version, this is mostly a bugfixing release, but there are also some important enhancements:
- Scribus has been ported to the Haiku operating system. For more information see: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Installing_Scribus_on_Haiku
- The Barcode Writer has been updated and supports many more barcodes, including QR.
- The Galaxy Gauge™ color matching system and color tools have been included.
- New color palettes from government agencies (Canada, Germany, The Netherlands, United Kingdom) have been included.
- More Open Source color palettes have been included.
- Scribus now supports Pillow as an alternative to the Python Imaging Library.
- Improvements to the build system.
- Improvements to the Preflight Verifier.
- Memory management in connection with the new Hyphenator has been optimized.
- The Short Words plug-in now supports Danish.
- Many Documentation updates.
Most important bugfixes:
- Disabled hyphenation on some Linux distributions is working again.
- Some unit conversion issues have been fixed.
- Display issues related to Ubuntu's Unity interface have been fixed.
- Some fixes to wrong or irritating UI behavior.
- The A4 page size limit of TeX-rendered graphics in Render Frames has been removed.
For a complete list of changes see: http://bugs.scribus.net/changelog_page.php?version_id=86 and http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus-commit
The Scribus Team would like to thank Giovanni Mugnai for porting Scribus to Haiku, as well as Christian Hitz for updating the Barcode Writer.
We are also especially grateful to Scientific Illustration Services, Inc. (USA) and Mike Wofsey for making the Galaxy Gauge™ color matching system and related color tools available to Scribus users under an Open Source licence and for joining the group of Scribus's Special Supporters.
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Windows, Mac OS X and the source code are available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/1.4.3
- Upstream Debian/Ubuntu repo: http://debian.scribus.net/
- Fedora and CentOS RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- OpenSUSE, SLED and Mandriva RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- A ZIP archive for OS/2 Warp 4 and eComStation is available under: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/1.4.3
- A portable version for Windows is available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/portableapps/files/Scribus%20Portable/
- An installer for Haiku will be available soon under: http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/productivity/desktop-publishing/scribus-publishing-and-layout
- Packaging for *BSD, Solaris and OpenIndiana is beyond our influence. We recommend updating the respective repository data on a regular basis.
- All download options are listed at: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Download
|OS X Leopard or higher (DMG)||scribus-1.4.3.dmg||380dbd4ba8ed3e9d617a066ff73cc7bc04c3edb3|
|OS X Leopard or higher (PKG)||scribus-1.4.3.pkg||6ee83abc4f9d1c7f9530ea4bf8bfd68f1d13f0eb|
|Windows 32/64 Bit||scribus-1.4.3-windows.exe||32eab419819964d8f6c8c84e7009f1c0fdffd0fe|
|Windows 64 Bit||scribus-1.4.3-windows-x64.exe||4daecac93b9a4a40c2af6b1092cabd01c1b9a15c|
|Windows PortableApps.com Format||ScribusPortable_1.4.3.paf.exe||a4544c73a303e25d03692bc1ee856b59a3409a4f|
|OS/2 and eComStation||scribus-1.4.3-os2ecs.zip|
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (France) and Linux New Media (Germany) for sponsoring.
The Scribus Team is also honored to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany), GiveLife Color System (Spain), and Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA) as Special Supporters and donors of color palettes since the 1.4.x release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Porting Scribus to OS/2 and eComStation is being supported by Mensys BV (The Netherlands) and Serenity Systems (USA).
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.