Scribus 1.4.3 Released
The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.4.3. Like the previous version, this is mostly a bugfixing release, but there are also some enhancements:
- Scribus has been ported to the Haiku operating system. For more information see: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Installing_Scribus_on_Haiku
- Scribus now supports Pillow as an alternative to the Python Imaging Library.
- Galaxy Gauge (TM) color palettes.
- Improvements to the build system.
- Improvements to the Preflight Verifier.
- Documentation updates.
Most important bugfixes:
- Disabled hyphenation on some Linux distributions is working again.
- Some unit conversion issues have been fixed.
For a complete list of changes see:
The Scribus Team is especially grateful to Giovanni Mugnai for porting Scribus to Haiku. We also like to thank Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA) for making the Galaxy Gauge color swatches available to Scribus users.
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Haiku, Windows, Mac OS X and the source code are available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/
- Upstream Debian/Ubuntu repo: http://debian.scribus.net/
- Fedora RPMS: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- OpenSUSE, Mandriva and SLED RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- A ZIP archive for OS/2 Warp 4 and eComStation will be available soon under: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/
- All download options are listed at: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Download
|OS X Leopard or higher (DMG)|
|OS X Leopard or higher (PKG)|
|Windows 32/64 Bit|
|Windows 64 Bit|
|OS/2 / eComStation|
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are also grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie and Linux New Media (Germany) for sponsoring.
The Scribus Team is also pleased to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany) and GiveLife Color System (Spain) as Special Supporters and donors of colour palettes since the 1.4.0 release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.