Scribus 1.4.5 Released
The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.4.5.
Scribus 1.4.5 is almost exclusively a bugfixing release, including many corrections back-ported from 1.5.0svn.
It will likely be the last release in the 1.4.x branch, and the Scribus Team will from now on solely focus on the development of the next major version 1.6. We expect to make available a first alpha release (version number 1.5.0) shortly after the release of 1.4.5.
Most Important Changes
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Windows, Mac OS X and the source code are available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/1.4.5
- Debian/Ubuntu repository: Debian and Ubuntu
- Fedora and CentOS RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- OpenSUSE, SLED, and SLES RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- A ZIP archive for OS/2 Warp 4 and eComStation is available under: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus/1.4.5
- A portable version for Windows is available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/portableapps/files/Scribus%20Portable/
- A Haiku HPKG package is available from: http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/hpkgs/scribus
- Packaging for *BSD, Solaris and OpenIndiana is beyond our influence. We recommend updating the respective repository data on a regular basis.
- All download options are listed at: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Download
|OS X Leopard or higher, Intel x86 (DMG)|
|OS X Leopard or higher, Intel x86 (PKG)|
|Windows 32/64 Bit|
|Windows 64 Bit|
|Windows PortableApps.com Format|
|OS/2 and eComStation|
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (France) and Linux New Media (Germany) for sponsoring.
The Scribus Team is also honored to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany), GiveLife Color System (Spain), Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA), the Newspaper Association of America (USA) and Software Consulting Services (USA) as Special Supporters and donors of color palettes and other content since the 1.4.x release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Porting Scribus to OS/2 and eComStation is being supported by Mensys BV (The Netherlands) and Serenity Systems (USA).
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.