The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.5.1, which is another major step onto the next stable version 1.6.0.
An instantly visible improvement is a new and modern icon set, which almost exclusively uses greyscale variants. The Scribus Team takes a bow to Dezso Markon for his wonderful work.
Scribus 1.5.1 also provides some exciting new features, the most important of which are:
- Support for the CIE L*a*b* and CIE HLC color models, which are also available in the color editor;
- Support for SwatchBooker's SBZ file format, which means, among others, that all color palettes from the Open Colour Systems Collection (http://dtpstudio.de/downloads/OCSC_1_0.zip) can be used inside Scribus with their original colour model (CIE L*a*b*) intact;
- The import filter for XPress Tags is finally working as expected (some minor glitches notwithstanding) and has been tested with XTG files from XPress 4 to 2015;
- Two oft-requested text import filters have finally made their way into Scribus, namely RTF and DOCX;
- An initial version of an import filter for FreeHand files has been added;
- The font embedding code, as well as the related user interface, has been completely rewritten;
- The Resource Manager for online resources provides a new option to show the licence for the respective resource before downloading;
- HiRes display under Mac OS X is now being supported;
In addition, Scribus 1.5.1 includes countless bugfixes, most of which are related to newly introduced features in 1.5.0.