Difference between revisions of "1.5.2 Release"
(→Most Important Changes)
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
==Most Important Changes==
==Most Important Changes==
Revision as of 03:25, 2 May 2016
The Scribus Team is very pleased to announce the release of the development version Scribus 1.5.2, which is another major step onto the next fully-featured version 1.6.0. In terms of stability, 1.5.2 can be already be regarded as robust. The Scribus Team encourages the wide-spread use and testing of version 1.5.2 in as many environments as possible. User feedback will help us to release a rock-solid version 1.6.0.
Most Important Changes
- Automatic Recovery
- now has a UI that gives the user the ability to choose to recover or discard autosaved SLAs
- has an option to save multiple versions of a file sequentially
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Windows, Mac OS X, a Linux AppImage and the source code are available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-devel/1.5.1/
- Fedora and CentOS RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- OpenSUSE, SLED, and SLES RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- Packaging for other Linux distributions, *BSD, Solaris and OpenIndiana is beyond our influence. We recommend updating the respective repository data on a regular basis.
|OS X 10.9/Mavericks or higher, Intel x64||scribus-1.5.2.dmg|
|Windows 32/64 Bit||scribus-1.5.2-windows-r2.exe|
|Windows 64 Bit||scribus-1.5.2-windows-x64-r2.exe|
|Windows PortableApps.com Format||ScribusPortableTest_1.5.2.paf.exe|
|Linux AppImage ||scribus-1.5.2-linux-x86_64.AppImage|
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie and Linux New Media (Germany) for sponsoring.
The Scribus Team is also honored to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany), Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA), the Newspaper Association of America (USA), Software Consulting Services (USA) and freieFarbe (Germany) as Special Supporters and donors of color palettes and other content since the 1.4.x release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Porting Scribus to OS/2 and eComStation is being supported by Mensys BV (The Netherlands) and Serenity Systems (USA).
The Scribus Team takes a deep bow to Dezso Markon for his wonderful artwork.
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.