Bugs to be Buried
In order to save time, we need to create a wiki page that is easy to read and understand for developers (their time is precious :) ).
Mostly questions ATM :
- Who has the authorization to close bugs on the bug tracker ?
- Could somebody else get that authorization to close bugs ?
- What procedure should be followed so as to enable to close a specific bug without loosing valuable data ?
At the moment there are two main categories to fill with bug reports:
- Bugs to be closed: includes reports which are already implemented or fixed in the current releases such as 1.4 or 1.5.
- Bugs need information: includes reports which are "useless" in their current state as do not contain enough information to find and fix the issue or are simply related to very old Scribus versions. We may send a message to the reporter and, if there is no response, close them.
0. Bugs that need a verdict
<mantis> bugid = 2560, header = true color = true show = id, category, priority, created, updated, summary comment#2560 = This is about the annoying aspect of assigning shortcuts in translations comment#12742 = QMessagebox issue remains comment# = comment# = comment# = </mantis>
1. Bugs to be closed
Note : there is a #tobeclosed tag in the bug tracker. See list of #tobeclosed bugs
<mantis> bugid = 3347, 4808, 5590, 5708, 6230, 8183, 11318 header = true color = true show = id, category, priority, created, updated, summary comment#3347 = Works on 1.4.5.svn and 1.5.0.svn (likely due to a bad usage of Scribus). MrB: Proposed behaviour seems better than current comment#5708 = Can we close this? comment#5590 = seems obsolete comment#6230 = Works on 1.4.4 with the plugin "Align_an_Image_in_its_Frame". Port the script to 1.5.0.svn? comment#11318 = Not possible on all platforms </mantis>
2. Bugs need information
<mantis> bugid = 393,2568,2583,2421,3096,3822,5283,6079,6205,7147,8254,9159,9169,9296,9365,10265,11361,11447,11624 header = true color = true show = id, category, priority, created, updated, summary comment#2583 = Should be reproduced or closed comment#3096 = Updated! Bug still exists in certain conditions comment#3822 = Should be reproduced or closed comment#9296 = Can someone reproduce this? comment#10265 = No steps or files to reproduce with (Updated:12-Feb-07) comment#11361 = Taking a more in depth look later (Updated: 13-Jan-07) comment#11447 = Not sure if it's an issue or wrong usage of Scribus (Updated: 13-Mar-05 / Requested Feedback: 14-Jul-08) comment#11624 = Needs ideas (Requested Feedback: 14-Jul-04) </mantis>