This is a early work in progress.
We will try to list here, projects which have been defined for Scribus.
We are defining a template (a structure) for the Project descriptions.
Ping Ale, if you want to know more about it.
- task having to be done before this
Here a reference on how to create a template for mediawiki:
- create a priority tag...
17:06 < avox> prokoudine: get scripter2 working, reimplement StoryEditor as XML editor, improve UI (in progress), new text engine (in progress), rework fonthandling to include lint from fontforge, refactor ScPainter interface, new file format, more code documentation 17:08 < avox> once the new text system is in place: tables (in progress), footnotes, index & TOC, database connectivity, ... 17:11 < avox> also implement objects styles and generalize image effects to other object types 17:13 < avox> then there's community management, website improvement (in progress) and bug hunting 17:09 < avox> ScPainter is the interface which handles all rendering in Scribus. There's one implementation for cairo and one for Qt4, and a few more on the windows platform. We need also implementations for PS, PDF and SVG 17:10 < avox> I'm working on the PDF implementation, that could be a good template for PS and SVG 17:22 < prokoudine> that sounds a bit like reinventing Cairo to be, tbh 17:22 < prokoudine> to me 17:22 < prokoudine> which already has PS, PDf and SVG back-ends 17:22 < prokoudine> well, surfaces 17:22 < avox> for CMYK and tagged PDF? 17:23 < prokoudine> not that 17:23 < prokoudine> but IMO it's way better to fix Cairo 17:23 < prokoudine> that would help inkscape too
Dunno how this talk ended here, so just to clarify: the stuff I mentioned aren't good examples for GSoC projects --avox 19:37, 6 March 2011 (CET)
- Undo for text frames
- Finish Scripter2 integration
- Dynamically loading Fonts
- Track memory leaks
- Patch resources linking and improve SLA files sharing
- Loading fonts on a per document basis (#2754)
- Make the .sla file format "real" XML and create a DTD for it
- Speeding up Scribus
- A new Story editor
- Enhance the advanced Select all
- Improve the Zooming experience
- Improve Scribus with multithreading
- Improve Scribus precision
- Complete the undo (list missing action / look for missing actions)
- Add a macro recorder in the undo engine
- Table of Contents
- Vertical aligning in text frames
- Improving drop caps
- Transformer un guide en repère de plie
- Non orthogonal guides
- Option to apply the retrieved path to all "missing" pictures in the picture manager
- Add character styles to the importer (ODT + tags + HTML)
- Improve or make understandable / reliable the replace/overwrite/discard options when importing styles from ODT and HTML
- search and replace across frames (in a chain of linked texts, on a page, on the whole document, on a page range)
- Option to select by touching objects (instead of fully including them in the rectangular area: how is it called? #5657)
- Work on the resolution / sensibility of mouse / tablet movements
- New cursors (always arrow on top, tool/action below)
- Guides look strange, with an irregular dotting pattern. They should be solid.
- The lines (edges) around selected items look too thick. Couldn't they be a little thinner? on the other side frame border can't be seen when they touch a guide
- Panning with space bar should work like in inkscape
- It should be possible to select a guide without moving it (the mouse movement should be big enough to start moving the guide)
- Selecting a guide on canvas should select it in the manager, too
- "Automatic" resizing / centering the view
- Better handling of the canvas placement when zooming out (centering instead of attaching to the left? or keep the scrollbars to place it where one wants it?)
Palettes, Windows and Dialogs
- Frame Properties Palette
- Content Properties Palette
- Text Properties Palette
- Style Manager
- Style Editor
- Use tool settings for Default styles
- Move the color picker to color editor and the color wheel
- Rename Properties palette > Text > "First line offset" to "First / Last Line" and move there the forced justification by defining a threshold (the length of the last line of a paragraph, expressed as a percentage: Final lines exceeding the threshold were justified, the others not)
- The two bottom toolbars should be reduced to one single one (not as easy as it seems: i've heard that some fields in one of the two toolbars are "badly" linked from several places in the code)
- Clean up and remove / shrinken elements from the status bar
- Optionally remove the images from the menus
- Desaturate a bit the colors (red and blue) for the frame borders
- If you zoom out, the document should be centered, not attached to the left side of the window.
- Option to set ctrl+p to "print" or "export to PDF"
- When loading an image in a non empty image frame, the current offset and scaling should be kept (test it with a high/low res version of the same picture)
- Allow scrapbooks on a per Project basis (it should be easy to share a scrapbook attached to a specific .sla file)
- one can collect the project for sharing and from that instant, only resources in that folder can be used (if you load an image from another place you're asked to move it to the project or cancel). All the links are relative and the .sla can be used across the network (by one person at the time; or on usb keys)
- PDF and Transparencies flattening
- Output also in a screen oriented format
- Create a library to convert from EMF to SVG
- Import MS Publisher files
- Export tagged PDF files
- Correctly import text in SVG files
- Correctly import text in EPS files
- Allow duotone images
- Cropping images to the frame size
- Share images of the current state of the document
i was planning to propose to my students to work on some of our projects. So the question is : - what is really on the way or not ? - what can be done in python (they have some really basic knowledge in C, and i guess nothing can be done in our timeframe unless in python) - any other simple idea to implement ? i rather make them work on several little projects than on a huge (it can be on the PP or any window redesign too) I'm actually not sure but it might happen from March to mid-april. Actually, i don't know their programming level because i was not their teacher for that, but as they did more than 120 hours actually, they must have enough knowledge to do some things.
Pages in category "Project"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.