Core Coding Project
C++ & Qt4/5 Devs Welcome
This is the primary and arguably the most complex work that can be done to improve Scribus.
If you are knowledgeable or at least familiar with software engineering using C++ and Qt4/5
the Scribus Team would welcome your contributions.
Some Ideas Where to Start
It is possible to start small and focus on incremental and very simple improvements such as:
- the removal of compiler warnings
- fixing trivial bugs
- fixing tweak bugs
- fixing minor bugs
- working through the roadmap
- To get ideas for intermediate level projects with a 1-3 month timeframe you could take a look at our former GSoC projects.
- Scribus users provide a constant stream of feature requests in the BTS. These present an excellent opportunity for involvement and many of them are not difficult to implement.
- Look at the Main API to see examples of the Scribus classes.
Connect with Scribus Devs on IRC
Join #scribus or #scribus on Freenode and talk to the developers.
Different team members are focusing on different areas, so if you are interested in a particular Scribus subsystem then you should get in touch with the respective developer.
How_to_code_new_features is a good place to offer your contributions.