Notes about creating a publishing platform with Scribus and Drupal
- running Drupal6
- external connection to Mysql database or a shell
== Drupal backend Articles are prepared to publish within the complete workflow system. The workflow system is build with help of: CCK, Views2, Workflow and Diff modules.
- workflow (from Draft state to Published state), revisioning included
- input format -- html, with help of BueEditor and custom button set
- a special dashboard for listing articles in different states (Views2), includes a tab with articles prepared for publishing
- Drupal module that allows you to create article presets (i.e. main article, editorial etc.) and informs if your article pass the layout (char counter)
== Scribus backend Articles are fetched by a simple python script and converted to html readable by Scribus.
- script works outside Scribus. As a proof of concept we can create a similar script which imports articles directly to Scribus, unfortunately, text formatting is lost in this case...