Git: Difference between revisions
(Created page with "Category:Development This page provides documentation for the usage of Scribus Git repositories for Scribus development. ==Introduction== Scribus Team maintains two code ...")
No edit summary
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
There are numerous Git tutorials and books on the web.
There are numerous Git tutorials and books on the web
Revision as of 17:20, 31 May 2012
This page provides documentation for the usage of Scribus Git repositories for Scribus development.
Scribus Team maintains two code repositories - an internal protected Subversion repository accessible to only experienced core developers that contains a pristine history of Scribus development and a newer Git repository (several of them actually) that enable the Worldwide Scribus Community to easily contribute code to Scribus. We are attempting to follow the successful Git branching development model for the Git repository as explained below.
To obtain access please email your public ssh key to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it somewhere on the web and email or paste the link into #scribus IRC channel. Read the Set up SSH Keys section to learn about creating an acceptable ssh key. Once we accept your key you will be able to verify your access with a
ssh email@example.com info command. If you have access gitolite will greet you and show the list of repositories accessible to you.
There are numerous Git tutorials and books on the web:
- Introduction to Git @ github.
- Scott Chacon's Pro Git book (Apress).
- Git Reference Project.
- Git Immersion.
- Git Magic.
- Easy Version Control with Git.
- A visual Git reference.
- Git-svn crash course to learn how to work with subversion via Git.
Scribus Git Repositories
The full list of Scribus code Git repositories:
- scribus - The main Scribus git repository with the complete history.
- trunk - Repository for synchronization with the Subversion trunk.
- testing - empty repository to practice and learn git.
GSoC 2012 Student repositories:
- gsoc12pm - Project Manager project repository.
- gsoc12ux - User Experience project repository.
- gsoc12xml - New XML File Format project repository.
- gsoc12trunk - Merge and synchronization repository for GSoC 2012.