How to make business cards
|Installation • Usage • PDF issues • Imposition • Other|
How To Create Business Cards
First set up the dimensions with some guides to help in the process.
For 8.5x11 size paper:
- Create new document (8.5 x 11 inches and .5 inch margins, default unit *inches*)
- Page -> Manage guides:
- Add Horiz. Guides at 0.5, 2.5, 4.5
- Add Vert. Guides at 0.5, 4.0, 4.5, 8.0
- View -> show guides
- Page -> snap to guides
- Insert shape (rectangle) to fit in upper left area sized for a typical 2x3.5 inch business card, and resize so that it fills entire region bounded by the guide.
- Now design your card within that region.
- Group all the elements of the card together as a single unit.
- Page -> Snap to Guides <uncheck>
- Select Group
- Item -> Multiple duplicate -> horizontally for the top row, then select the row and multiple duplicate vertically to fill the page.
That's all I've got. If there is a better way of to go about creating business cards it would be great to know. I tried google, and searching the usual places but didn't find anything.