Made with Scribus
It doesn't matter if the publication is printed or online-only.
Anii (a local language in West Africa)
- GʊGʊ (Gʊfaŋa Gʊfɔlɩ) A regular 20 page magazine in black&white, covering development subjects and traditional subjects and fun/humor, not for sale but distributed by public reading walls (photos in edition 0, page 2), made by a local team in training
We love Scribus because it is fully Unicode ready and can handle our special alphabet which goes beyond Latin-extended: ǝ Ǝ ɛ Ɛ ɔ Ɔ ʊ Ʊ ɩ Ɩ ŋ Ŋ ɖ Ɖ
Chinese ( Simplified)
-  Kernel Panic 简介introduction.
Chinese ( Traditional)
- 修真圖 Xiūzhēntú - Diagram of Cultivating Perfection, a bilingial (Chinese-English) translation of a famous Taoist text.
- Gliese – magazine about exoplanets, protoplanetary disks, brown dwarfs and astrobiology (published quarterly, made with Scribus since 2/2010, eBook)
- OKNO do neziskového sektoru – Newsletter of the Union of NGOs of the Olomouc Region and the Endowment Fund OKNO (published irregularly, made with Scribus since 10-11/2010, printed & eBook)
- OPEN SOURCE & praxe – Business and education with open-source software (published quarterly, printed & eBook)
- openMagazin – časopis o volně šiřitelném softwaru – magazine about open source software (published monthly, made with Scribus since 8/2009, eBook)
- Zpracování digitální fotografie – eBook – Digital Photography Processing mainly contains best articles from LinuxEXPRES.cz
- ZOZ - tijdschrift voor doen-denkers – Bi-monthly magazine by Omslag, Workshop for Sustainable Development
- Overview posters for 7 vehicle categories – Overview posters with requirements for EU approval for the full series of categories of motor vehicles - made with Scribus in 2009. Printable on A5 to A2 paper sizes. Two mousepads designs based on these posters were later created too and went into production as well.
- AllYearbooks Infopack – 48 page paperback and hardback marketing material.
- PCLinuxOS Magazine – The community magazine for PCLinuxOS, since September 2006.
- Exhibit Online – Online PDF magazine showcasing creativity in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Full Circle Magazine – The Ubuntu Community Magazine, since April 2007.
- System Dynamics with MCSim: A Facilitated Systems Quick Reference - Made with Scribus 184.108.40.206, Dia, Gnuplot, and J
- 15th Conference one Solid State Dosimetry folded Leaflet Made using Scribus 1.3 and free fonts.
- Blender Quick Start Guide – PDF output and source files of the guide are available for download
- Just Things — a magazine dedicated to critical support of the fair-trade movement
- Mandriva Linux Inside — New community-oriented e-magazine about Mandriva Linux, since February 2006
- Catalog and Stationery for a Jayateas, a Web-based tea business (read more in our Success Stories)
- O3 Magazine — A free Open Source Enterprise magazine (made from November 2005 until August 2006)
- Kentucky Mountain Bike Association
- WartHog Bulletin - stamp collection magazine; since fall 2005 with Scribus
- The Hub - Renault Car Club of Australia magazine; since January 2004 with Scribus
- War Resisters' International - Documentation on conscientious objection and desertion in Eritrea
- War Resisters' International - Documentation on conscientious objection in Turkey
- Red Hat, Inc. - Manual covers, CD Labels, subscription posters & production collateral for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Shot Across The Bow Productions - Promotional DVD cover (PDF)
- The Bargain Hunter - two free classified ad papers, Canada
- S.M.T.L. News - The newsletter of the Surgical Material Testing Laboratory, UK (PDF)
- KDE Flyer - A simple promotional flyer
- Anime Angels Anime Angels Mangazine starting from Issue 9 (3.2)
- Aeolian Singers - Aeolian Singers 2006/2007 brochure made with Scribus 220.127.116.11 and free fonts.
- EZine Lelaki Sihat EZine Lelaki Sihat (English/Malay) Simple EZine for Men´s Sexual HealthIssue #1
- All Possible Worlds - A magazine of science fiction and fantasy stories.
- Hitcham and Taplow Preservation Society - full-colour newsletter of 16 sides. Made with Scribus since September 2004.
- EASTeight magazine - delivered to 15,000 homes in the E8 postcode every month since December 2006.
- A Moment of Clarity - All-ages graphic novel, Volume 1 assembled for both Print-on-demand services and for traditional printers using Scribus
- GNU/Linux for Beginners - A brochure for introducing GNU/Linux to new users that has many useful URLs (all are hot linked).
- G41 and G42 Newspapers Social enterprise community newspapers.
- eRYTHROPOETIZINUM (epo) urban sports PDF ezine - a monthly scheduled ezine about urban sports.
- Irish Go Association Newsletter - contains illustrated, commented games as well as news reports. Using Scribus since early 2009.
- Full-day walks from Kandersteg - 44-page guidebook, print-on-demand through Lulu. Uses free fonts (Gentium Basic) and free maps (Open Streetmap).
- The Rockfish Files Issue #1 HRF fishing for wrasse - 60 plus page British lure fishing for wrasse on soft plastics. An Anglo/Japanese/US blend of fishing new to Great Britain and the surrounding islands.
- The Oxford Drinker - 32 Page Colour bi-monthly newsletter for the Oxford Branch of the Campaign For Real Ale (CAMRA). 5000 copies are printed and distributed in pubs around Oxford. Archive of issues can be seen at Abingdon Beer. It has been created with Scribus (with help from Gimp, Inkspace and ImageMacick) since Feb 2010. The previous editors used MS Publisher.
- The GNOME Conference. GUADEC, Brno, Czech Republic. Proposition 32page document was typesetted with Scribus (title page was created in Inkscape).
- Esperantisto Slovaka - Socia kaj kultura revuo de esperantistoj en Slovakio
- Kenttäliitto-lehti - Kenttäliitto ry's magazine, 16 pages in size B5, color cover, b/w inside, 200 copies, released quarterly, since December 2003 with Scribus
- 修真圖 Xiūzhēntú - Kuvaus todellisen kultivoinnista, a bilingial (Chinese-Finnish) translation of a famous Taoist text.
- Canal Français - "L'aventure Illustrée des Français au Panama ", first book made with Scribus
- Le Tigre, curieux journal curieux – Le Tigre, was: "curious weekly", weekly generalist newspaper. N°1: march 17th. 2006, B/W, 24 pages, with no ads. 17 issues in 2006.
Since 2007, Le Tigre is a paper monthly (80 pages), and a web daily (4 pages in PDF and Flash). Direct link for web last issue: http://www.le-tigre.net/dujour
Since 2008, Le Tigre is «bimestriel» (every 2 months). See for instance volume 28.
- Editions Solilang Edition et conception de guides de voyages alternatifs traitant de la vie quotidienne . Alternative guides books about quotidian life - Tunisie, Egypte, Grece, Turquie, Iran, etc
- Magnum Le magazine de la Communauté Francophone de Mandriva (Linux)
- Ethnotempos, musiques ethniques d'aujourd'hui Revue sur les musiques du monde, à télécharger gratuitement sur le site. Mise en page avec Scribus à partir du n°40 (octobre 2008), à télécharger ici.
- RBD Pride Magazine bimestriel du réseau RBD: actualités des jeux vidéo (gaming et dev) et délires IRC.
- Traverses Revue sur les musiques nouvelles et progressives, en vente sur le site. Mise en page avec Scribus à partir du n°24 (septembre 2008), à feuilleter à l'adresse: (voir le n°24)
- Nouvelles d'en bas "Une autre vision journalistique de l'Amérique", un magazine en langue française réalisé en Amérique du Sud.
- FlossManualsFR Flossmanuals provides writings tools and methodology to write good books as quick as possible. Layout process is first automised by the platform from CSS and then made manually in Scribus by the designers team Flossmanuals Francophone.
- Creationlibre Guide d'installation de l'Apiculteur (client ITSAP), Guide Sentinelle (client Eaux-et-Rivieres), matériel promotionnel (activdesign), Charte graphique et template de PHLmag (PHLSoft)...
- The local section Ettlingen of the German Alpine Club (DAV) uses Scribus to create the periodical magazine which is sent to all its members twice per year. See also the description in our Success Stories. These are the magazines created so far: Members Magazine No 19, July 2010, Members Magazine No 20, December 2010, Members Magazine No 21, July 2011
- Was ist Kunst? Ein Blog 2006-2007 (A4) and Was ist Kunst? Ein Blog 2006-2007 (B5) Transformation of material originially published online, the latter shrinked by the publisher and mostly black and white only, the former full color, 166 pages.
- Stürenburg 2007 - Gesamtwerk 660 page art catalog plus essays and annotations, 796 pages, A4 full color, thread-stitching, hardcover
- Pixelio.de-Magazin - a community magazine with photos, tutorials and more for photographers
- The German OpenOffice.org team has produced their 2007 flyer using Scribus (print run: 10,000). All files used for the production (images + sla file) can be downloaded here.
- Altes Reich und neues Recht – Exhibition catalogue for a major German exhibition, 404 pages, hardcover
- LinuxTag 2005 Journal - a journal printed for 2005 event in Karlsruhe, Germany (more details in German)
- WikiReader Digest - bi-weekly excerpt from Wikipedia; 1500 readers; from February until December 2005
- La.Meko Filmfestival Landau end of 2004 we switched to Scribus; the whole printed material like entry forms, postcards and posters are made with Scribus and Inkscape
- Eulenspiegel - a student's magazine of the mathematics and informatics faculty at the University of Karlsruhe, Germany (PDF, 600 pcs., ~32 pages)
- UStA Magazin - student's council magazine, University of Karlsruhe, Germany (PDF, 2000 pcs., ~20 pages, b/w)
- Kritische Masse - magazine of the BUNDjugend, a youth environmental organisation.
- Antrag auf BU-Versicherung mit Berechnung des Beitrags – insurance application as a PDF form (German, some nice features inside)
- Ein Würfel System - A free pen-and-paper roleplaying system which uses Scribus for both the main rulebook (Version 2.1 and onward) and the Charaktersheets. All its files are available from a Mercurial repository under free licenses (sources).
- Wanderkarte Gutau (PDF front / back / back with bleeding) - An almost-A2 map designed for offset printing, with overview and detailed maps, title panel, hiking route descriptions, and sponsor addresses. The map is made from OpenStreetMap data, rendered with Mapnik and layouted together with hiking path descriptions using Scribus.
- Flyer - St. Michael's Retreat House
- Santa Maria Maggiore. Il restauro e lo scavo Libro sui lavori di restauro e sulla campagna di scavi nella chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore a Trento, edito da Vita Trentina Editrice, 200 pagine, formato 20x20 cm., cartonato, stampato in 2.000 copie da Longo nell'aprile 2009. Composto con Scribus ver. 1.3.5ng. Santa Maria Maggiore. Il restauro e lo scavo A book about the excavations in the church of Santa Maria Maggiore in Trento, published by Vita Trentina Editrice, 200 pages, 150 color pictures, 20x20 cm., printed in 2,000 copies by Longo, April 2009. Layout, editing and texts by Augusto Goio, pictures by Gianni Zotta. Made with Scribus ver. 1.3.5ng.
- Faville nel Vento Libro di poesie, edito presso l'editoria "self service" di Boopen, Italian poetry Book, made by mjfan80 (Gabriele Prandini), Printed on January 2008
- Volantino Gennaio 2005 - Italian; 2 pages A4 flyer. Printed in 13000 copies in A5 format. Created by Zitter, in January 2005, in collaboration with #scribus channel guys :-) [1.4 Mb]
- Promo Settembre 2005 - Italian 1 page A3 flyer. Created by Zitter. [1.9 Mb]
- Promo Webdesign - Italian 1 page A4 flyer. Created by Zitter. [731 Kb]
- Hermanitos Verdes - architettura 995/005 - Italian, 70 pages Lettersize book, a little full-color book about our architectural works during the first ten years of activity of our office.
- "La Gazzetta dell'aula" a.s. 2008-2009 (11.9 MB) - Italian 11-14 years old students newspaper from "Istituto Comprensivo Malaspina-Staffetti", Massa, Italy - project home page
- "La Gazzetta dell'aula" a.s. 2009-2010 (8.7 MB) - Italian 11-14 years old students newspaper from "Istituto Comprensivo Malaspina-Staffetti", Massa, Italy - project home page
- Cogito: http://www.forumcogito.no/numre.shtml, 80 pages, twice a year. Articles on Art, literature, philosophy and our own time. Also inspired by many of the thoughts of Rudolf Steiner, especially by his works on philosophy and the freedom of man.
- Moje miasto — Biweekly town magazine from Słupsk in Poland
- Naji Gòchë — Quaterly magazine in Polish and Kashubian language
- Gazeta w Choroszczy – Municipal gazette of the town of Choroszcz near Białystok, since issue 95 made entirely with Scribus and other Open Source tools.
- Zeszyty komiksowe – magazine on comics, printed irregularly, made since march 2004 with Scribus and other Open Source tools on Mandriva Linux.
- Wieża snów (Tower of Dreams) – 72 page quarterly free web magazine on fantasy, science fiction and more (see also its description in our Success Stories)
- All publications (PIs, Business Field Brochures, Product Lit with 10+ pages, etc.) made for a company called KROLPol (DraegerSafety retailer / service in Poland). Examples: 1, 2, 3
- Dragonia Magazine – free internet magazine on Linux, software, hardware, and programming, since August 2006, ca. 50 pages.
- Bartnik Gdański – The Beekeeper of Gdańsk, Polish, 28 page quarterly newsletter, printed in 500 copies (PDF Download)
- IEA ACTUS – a portfolio of an association promoting Open Source and Free Software in Poland.
- Podaj Dalej Okazjonalnik Akademicki – student's magazine, printed in Torun (20 pages, 1000 copies). Example pdf's: No. 29, No. 30
- improviso3 - Jornal Informativo do Movimento Hip Hop of Campinas and São Paulo cities (Hip Hop Newspaper).
- Kiberpipa - whole season of flyers with programe of a cybercenter
- Lekovito bilje - a book about the Medicinal Plants, translated from Esperanto by Miodrag Petrović, published in december 2009 by Renato Petrović, 94 pages, a small vocabulary in 9 languages, 145X205mm, ISBN 978-86-87777-00-2.
- Internacional de Resistentes a la Guerra - El Fusil Roto No 65, Programa de Noviolencia de la IRG
- Revista Sábor Órgano de expresión de los estudiantes de Geografía e Historia de la Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Libro Monopolios Artificiales sobre Bienes Intangibles publicado por Fundación Vía Libre. Córdoba. Argentina. Proceso de diseño en Scribus documentado en Proyecto Nomade
- Revista La Higuera 2007 publicación de la Unidad Sanitaria Ambulatoria La Higuera, proyecto médico solidario. Rosario, Argentina.
- Revista aprendespañol.com - Revista digital gratuita en formato PDF realizada con Scribus por la Asociacion Cultural Española para facilitar el aprendizaje del idioma español
- Revista "La Gatera de la Villa" - Revista digital, gratuita, de periodicidad trimestral, que se edita en PDF. Ilustra, entretiene y además es ecológica. La primera revista digital sobre Madrid.
- eniXma - Monthly GNU/Linux-FLOSS pdf magazine in Turkish, made with scribus and other open source tools.
- Pozitif PC e-zine - Turkish computer e-zine; Pozitif PC. 7 issues, designed entirely in Scribus.