Here you can write anything to the tables... Ideas, what features we need etc.
What format should be supported?
- copy/paste from OpenOffice
- import from table calculator: Calc, Gnumeric, KSpread
- HTML tables
- txt files with items
What information should be imported?
- dimension and content of cells
- style? (borders, fill etc.)
What features we need?
- size of tables
- dimension of table
- automatic/fixed column size
- where the heading is
- automatic split table: yes/no and if heading will be added
- lines: where, color, style, width
- cells: fill (color, pattern, picture or equation)
- operations with cells: merge, split
- operations with rows/columns: delete, add
- change size of cell manually
- align numbers according to comma: yes/no
- align of table to: text (other via distribute and align)
- tack to the text => create control system for this
- possibility to create "table style"
- exchange columns with rows and vice versa
- padding: color, width
- split table
Table research in other applications
What programs have some table capabilities? It divides into two groups: Office and DTP programs.
- Adobe Indesign,
- Quark XPress,
- MS Publisher,
I found some texts to this feature:
- create frame > at the center will be icon with table too (1:40-1:55) here
- icon like now
How will be table stored in Scribus?