Win32 version of Scribus
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Native version of Scribus for Win32 as of 26 Jan 2006
Native Windows version release information
- First native Windows release in version 1.3.2 as announced in the official site
- http://windows.scribus.net -- See this page first for all the important install info on the native Windows version.
- This is untested and unsupported for Win95, Win98 or WinME - Only Windows 2000 or XP
- With the release of 1.3.2, help documentation from docs.scribus.net has been integrated with the main package across all platforms.
- Ghostscript 8.53 or newer required for EPS,PS import and printing.
- When you first run scribus, you must go to Edit>Preferences>External Tools and change "name of executable" to wherever you have installed ghostscript to. You must choose the "gswin32c.exe" version for scribus to run! For example, set it to: "C:/Program Files/gs/gs8.53/bin/gswin32c.exe"
- Windows 2000 requires additional GDI+ library from Microsoft
- See Scribus on Windows - Read Me at the online documentation site.