Adding Hyperlinks to your Scribus PDF document
|Installation • Usage • PDF issues • Other|
- go to the PDF toolbar, select PDF Annotation > Link, and draw with it a rectangle above an element (e.g. a text frame) you wish to become a hyperlink
- right click on the new rectangle and select PDF Options > Annotation Properties from the context menu
- in the annotation properties dialog, choose External Web-Link as annotation type and insert your URL into the Destination field
- Open your Scribus document.
- Click the "OK" button for "Insert PDF fields".
- Make a box to surround the text and/or graphics from which you want to create a hyperlink.
- Double click this box, which opens the Field Properties dialogue box.
- In the Appearance tab, choose "None" for colour of the border (unless you really want a border added).
- Click on the Action tab.
- To the right of the Script box, click Edit.
- Enter the following: app.launchURL("http://www.scribus.net/", true);
- Click File/Save and Exit.
- Click OK.
- Save your .sla document and export it to PDF format.
Variation on Method B
- app.launchURL("mailto:youraddress@yourISP.com", true);
This is dependent on having the preset link to the appropriate email client.