From Scribus Wiki
Revision as of 21:21, 5 January 2011 by Malex
Community and Participation
|How do I donate my to this project?||Help support the Libre Graphics Meeting. This is the most important conference for the team.|
|How should I submit my design template which is going to be copyleft?|
|Where does the name "Scribus" come from?||When Franz Schmid launched the project, the first working name was "Open Page", but thought to be too generic. Scribus derives from the Latin name of the official writers in Roman times, from which we get scribe or writer. This translates well into many languages besides English. The German word is schrift, for example.|
|How do you pronounce Scribus?||"Skry - bus". Long I, not short I. It is also similar to "Scribe" + "us".|
|How much does Scribus cost?||Both Scribus code and the application are free to download and use without any limitations. They are also free to distribute as long as you comply with the requirements of the GPLv2 license.|
|Some people are not familiar with GPL license. So:
||Yes to both without any reservations.|
- How can I make a document of 100+ pages? – Scribus is getting slower and slower
- How can I make a booklet using Scribus? – perhaps the most FAQ
- How can I launch Scribus in my language?
- Where can I get a monitor profiler for Linux?
- How can I execute scribus on a remote machine and display it on the local machine?
- How do I do text flow between frames in Scribus?
- How can I move a Scribus file to another computer along with its images?
- How can I execute a Python script from within Scribus?
- Can I use a commandline interface with Scribus?
- For whom is PDF/X-3 really desired?
- How can I preserve transparency while exporting to PDF?
- How do I prevent fonts from looking ugly in the exported PDF ?
- What is the difference between good and bad fonts?
- Where can I get good fonts?
- How can I see what fonts Scribus is loading
- How can I contribute to Scribus?
- Is it necessary to ask or answer questions in English on the mailing list?
- What are some good references to learn about layout and design?
- Why Scribus doesn't support QuarkXpress and other major publishing applications
Pages in category "FAQ"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.