The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of the stable development version 1.5.4, which is in many ways a new milestone on our way to the next officially stable release 1.6.0.
Most important changes
- Color precision for fill colors has been expanded to 64 bit floating point.
- Scribus can now handle color palettes in the new ISO standard CxF3 (See: https://www.xrite.com/de/page/cxf-color-exchange-format). CxF3 files cannot only store palettes in different color models (e.g., RGB, CMYK, LAB) and output intents, but also allow for storing spectral colors, which enables even greater colour precision. Scribus is the first DTP software that supports this demanding standard.
- Existing import filters have been upgraded to support the LAB color model (where applicable).
- The Barcode plug-in has been updated and offers new features.
- Many bugs regarding fringe uses have been fixed in the PDF library, both for print PDFs and PDF forms.
- Several new commands have been added to the scripting engine, so as to make the document creation via scripts easier and more versatile.
- Thanks to the work of the Document Liberation Project and particularly David Tardon, experimental import filters for ZonerDraw vector drawings (versions 4 and 5) and QuarkXPress documents (versions 3 and 4) have been added.
- Many potential stability and security issues revealed by Coverity scans have been fixed.
The complete changelog is available here: https://bugs.scribus.net/changelog_page.php?version_id=99
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Windows, Mac OS X and the source code are available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-devel/1.5.4/
- OpenSUSE, SLED, and SLES RPMs: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs
- Packaging for other Linux distributions, *BSD, Solaris and OpenIndiana is beyond our influence. We recommend updating the respective repository data on a regular basis.
- Windows Portable App: http://portableapps.com/apps/office/scribus_portable#test
|OS X 10.10 or higher, Intel x64||scribus-1.5.4.dmg||6f31b0b9bf27c952d820188343e2be73ab990be772e34551b030d9c04fa4f5b8||2c9d71dc7b2e589ad27b7817c755d64f441a72e4|
|Windows 32/64 Bit||scribus-1.5.4-windows.exe||c8710ee2591f0e00b9c6506671c401ce2c54541ded55c043f74b2e622c07f2dd||80dc3701b35ae8ec99a1870c7d4228a72cb02755|
|Windows 64 Bit||scribus-1.5.4-windows-x64.exe||2d11a7c04f2b58436541269e21227ce8676b62e908cc2b14987a865ca6d65170||64fd2cd02e0f6b99e208252cddd21d228bc479fb|
|Linux 64 bit AppImage ||scribus-1.5.4-linux-x86_64.AppImage||9c8bb1c491b5219093d98663e4810df1e8b317e23f349eebb5c1c2213a210f79||2bfd9a9486f0a8a8ec2c88bcc91029c6c1a265a5|
|Windows PortableApps.com Format||ScribusPortable_1.5.4.paf.exe|
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie for sponsoring.
The Scribus Team is also honored to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany), Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA), the Newspaper Association of America (USA), Software Consulting Services (USA), freieFarbe e.V. (Germany), bauwerk Kommunikationsdesign (Germany) as Special Supporters and donors of color palettes and other content since the 1.4.x release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Porting Scribus to OS/2 and eComStation is being supported by Serenity Systems (USA).
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.