Most Annoying Bugs
The most annoying bugs are the top most annoying and disruptive to daily workflow.
As for LibreOffice, "Hard hacks" should meet the below requirements :
- Be really annoying for a significant amount of people
- Be relatively difficult to solve and/or track down
- Crashes/data loss are good candidates but not necessary
- Backtraces should be done on proposed hard hacks before they become accepted hard hacks
- Enhancement requests should NOT be on the list
As for Scribus, care has been taken when nominationg these "most annoying bugs" to the following criteria :
- Bug can be reproduced
- Bug impacts core of scribus mission
- Bug impacts basic functionnalities
- Bug doesnt require a rare combination of circumstances
Here there are.
The Dirty Ten
<mantis> bugid = 11767, 12276,11574,11814,11420,11369,1752,6241,11995,11071 comment#11767 = styles, undo comment#12276 = styles, undo comment#11574 = styles comment#11814 = styles comment#11420 = styles comment#11369 = user interface, search comment#6241 = user interface comment#11995 = layout comment#11071 = layout </mantis>
It appears MABs can be sorted in 3 categories :
- layout related (right align tab, shrunk text, issue with endofparagraph glyph when right align, etc). See also '#layout' tag on the bug tracker. There are some more very annoying layout issues (some being related to hyphenation)
- styles related (object copy and paste from other document or from scrapbook, style import, undo messes styles, copy and paste messes styles ...). See also '#styles' tag on the bug tracker
- User interface related and search related
- Thread on the ML started by JLuc on May 2014.
- Heavily inspired by the LibreOffice model:
Fixed Most Annoying Bugs
<mantis> header = true show = id, status, summary bugid = 11428, 12228 comment#11428 = This bug was destroyed by cbradney in r19179. This bug did not even graduate to The Dirty Dozen comment#12228 = Bug Fixed prior to 1.5 release! </mantis>