Bugtracker Cleanup Day 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bugtracker Cleanup Day
Why: Because it's time, son
When: Sometime before the end of the 2015
Guidelines for Cleaning Bugs
- Move obsolete 'Assigned' bugs to 'Acknowledge' status or 'Confirmed'
- Clean up bugs that are >1.4.x
- Update all Metabugs by creating a 'Metabug 1.5' ticket for each open metabug. This way metabugs don't show up in the stats as the longest open tickets.
- Clean up tags
- Clean up Severity category
- Clean up Priority category
- Clean up backend database of registered obsolete user
- Consider adding new Ticket Status Values (per this thread in the scribus-dev ML)
- Define how to use the 'Severity' designation and create explanation document
- Define how to use the 'Priority' designation and create explanation document
- find out a way to not update the date of ticket so it doesn't clutter the 'Latest Activity' in the bug tracker
- Increase the display/view default threshold file size of attached pictures from 200K to 500K
Add some plugins capabilities to Mantis
- lightroom capability to a bug to be able to view the attached images more streamlined
- Ability to report bugs via email for verified testers
- Add drag-drop
- Add multiple files
- Slicker UI by using a theme ?
How to test bugs
- Please have the latest Scribus 1.4.5 (optional 1.4.6svn) and 1.5.0 (though we recommended 1.5.1svn)
- If you can test multiple OSs that would be very welcome (using a Virtual Machine would be a good idea to do this)
- If you notate a ticket please do so in a way where you identify your OS, OS version, Qt version, Scribus version(, & Scribus revision)
- If your find a bug while you're testing a pre-existing bug PLEASE:
- make sure that bug doesn't already exist
- start a new bug report for said bug and NOT just mention that you a found a new bug in a comment of a preexisting bug.