GSoC 2007 Publishing Solution Task Plan
From Scribus Wiki
Task #1 - Standalone Story Editor (SSE)
This is the main qt4 gui.
- SSE engine - should be a decent text editor in itself.
- Editor GUI - should support as many Scribus text attributes as possible with a clean interface to apply them.
- Output - Scribus native new file format (see /dtd directory for the draft).
- Connector - interaction with the file server/store/engine.
Task #2 - Web-based Story Editor (WSE)
Web-based php|python/ajax. Same output functionality as SSE.
Task #3 - Scribus Object Exchange Engine
- Connects to a file store
- Retrieves named text containers and feeds them to the SSE
- Pushes edited containers back into the file store/server