GSoC 2011 Timeline
From Scribus Wiki
|This article is ARCHIVED. It is a part of the Scribus Community's history and is kept here for reference and as a representation of the contributed efforts. It is protected from editing, but its source can be copied.|
- January 24: Program announced.
- February 28: 19:00 UTC: Mentoring organizations can begin submitting applications to Google.
- March 11: 23:00 UTC: Mentoring organization application deadline.
- March 14-17: Google program administrators review organization applications.
- March 18: 19:00 UTC List of accepted mentoring organizations published on the Google Summer of Code 2011 site. Scribus Team is accepted into the program.
- March 18-27: Would-be student participants discuss application ideas with mentoring organizations.
- March 28: 19:00 UTC Student application period opens.
- April 8: 19:00 UTC Student application deadline. Interim Period: Mentoring organizations review and rank student proposals; where necessary, mentoring organizations may request further proposal detail from the student applicant.
- April 22: All mentors must be signed up and all student proposals matched with a mentor - 07:00 UTC Student ranking/scoring deadline. Please do not add private comments with a nonzero score or mark students as ineligible (unless doing so as part of resolving duplicate accepted students) after this deadline - 17:00 UTC IRC meeting to resolve any outstanding duplicate accepted students - 19:00 UTC #gsoc
- April 25: 19:00 UTC Accepted student proposals announced on the Google Summer of Code 2011 site. Community Bonding Period: Students get to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin working on their projects.
- May 23: Students begin coding for their GSoC projects; Google begins issuing initial student payments provided tax forms are on file and students are in good standing with their communities. Interim Period: Mentors give students a helping hand and guidance on their projects.
- July 11: 19:00 UTC Mentors and students can begin submitting mid-term evaluations.
- July 15: 19:00 UTC Mid-term evaluations deadline; Google begins issuing mid-term student payments provided passing student survey is on file. Interim Period: Mentors give students a helping hand and guidance on their projects.
- August 15: Suggested 'pencils down' date. Take a week to scrub code, write tests, improve documentation, etc.
- August 22: 19:00 UTC Firm 'pencils down' date. Mentors, students and organization administrators can begin submitting final evaluations to Google.
- August 26: 19:00 UTC Final evaluation deadline Google begins issuing student and mentoring organization payments provided forms and evaluations are on file.
- August 29: Final results of GSoC 2011 announced
- August 30: Students can begin submitting required code samples to Google
- October 22 & 23: Mentor Summit at Google: Representatives from each successfully participating organization are invited to Google to greet, collaborate and code. Our mission for the weekend: make the program even better, have fun and make new friends.