How can I launch Scribus in my language?
|THIS ARTICLE IS OUTDATED|
|Reason:||As of Scribus 1.3.0, it's possible to change the UI language "on the fly"|
From the command line you can run the following commands:
- scribus -la
- scribus --langs-available
This will give you a list of the language abbreviations and associated languages currently installed with Scribus.
You may then start Scribus using 5 methods to select a language, in the following order of predecence:
- Run either of the following commands, where the language_abbreviation is from the list you generated above.
- scribus -l language_abbreviation
- scribus --lang language_abbreviation
- Set the LC_ALL environment variable and run Scribus
- Set the LC_MESSAGES environment variable and run Scribus
- Set the LANG environment variable and run Scribus
- Let Scribus detect the Qt locale and run Scribus
In the case where your system has 2 or 3 of the above environment variables defined Scribus will use the first in the list above. Using the command line option of -l/--lang overrides the rest of the choices.
Scribus 1.3 also has an option in user preferences which falls after the command line option in precedence.