Here you can write anything to the tables... Ideas, what features we need etc.
What format should be supported?
- copy/paste from OpenOffice
- import from table calculator: Calc, Gnumeric, KSpread
- HTML tables
- txt files with items
What information should be imported?
- dimension and content of cells
- style (borders, fill etc.) only from OpenOffice copy/paste
- style (borders, fill etc.) from HTML tables
- otherwise it would be possible to copy/paste from HTML to OpenOffice and then to Scribus
What features we need?
- size of tables
- dimension of table
- automatic/fixed column size
- where the heading is
- automatic split table: yes/no and if heading will be added
- lines: where, color, style, width
- cells: fill (color, pattern, picture or equation)
- operations with cells: merge, split
- operations with rows/columns: delete, add
- optimise: height, width of cells
- make height/width of cells equal
- change size of cell manually
- align numbers according to comma: yes/no
- align of table to: text (other via distribute and align)
- tack to the text => create control system for this
- possibility to create "table style"
- padding: color, width
- delete current fill, style... altogether
- exchange columns with rows and vice versa
- split table
Table research in other applications
What programs have some table capabilities? It divides into two groups: Office and DTP programs.
- Adobe Indesign,
- Quark XPress,
- MS Publisher,
I found some texts to this feature:
- icon like now
- via create frame > at the center will be icon with table too (1:40-1:55) here
How will be table stored in Scribus?
In .sla document
- background, lines etc. in SVG
- grouped same type of objects
- Example: background, grouped minor lines, grouped main lines, text
- simply editable when needed
- possible to add to scrapbook
As a Table Style
- predefined specification for all objects
- it consists of text style, line style and shapes/frames
- Example: Main header: top, paragraph style tab1 fill: shape color: none; Normal item: paragraph style tab2 fill: shape color: none; border left: line1 color: black; border right: line1 color: black, border top: line1 color: black; border bottom: line1 color: black;
- align items according to comma or point directly, not via tabulator
- align text to the internal table grid
- find solution for align of two-line text
- tack table to text with its control system