Adding Hyperlinks to your Scribus PDF document
|Installation • Usage • PDF issues • Other|
If you can't see the PDF Tools in the toolbar, check if you have
Windows > PDF Tools menu entry enabled.
- go to the PDF toolbar, select
Insert Link Annotationand draw with it a rectangle above an element (e.g. a text frame) you wish to become a hyperlink
- double click on the new rectangle (with the left mouse button)
External Web-Linkas annotation type and insert your URL into the
- Click the
Insert PDF fields.
- Make a box to surround the text and/or graphics from which you want to create a hyperlink.
- Double click this box, which opens the Field Properties dialogue box.
- In the
Appearancetab, choose "None" for colour of the border (unless you really want a border added).
- Click on the
- From the
Typepull-down menu, choose
- To the right of the Script box, click
- Enter the following: app.launchURL("http://www.scribus.net/", true);
Save and Exit.
- Click OK.
Variation on Method B
- app.launchURL("mailto:youraddress@yourISP.com", true);
This is dependent on having the preset link to the appropriate email client.